Heat stroke is a condition in which the body temperature is too high. Caused by exposure to very hot weather or prolonged exercise without the body being able to cool itself down normally. The symptoms may occur when the body temperature rises to 40 degrees Celsius or more. When symptoms occur, they should be treated immediately. It can have serious effects on the heart, brain, kidneys and muscles. Delayed treatment can increase the risk of serious and life-threatening complications.
The main causes of heatstroke can be divided into two categories:
- being in a high temperature environment When being in a high temperature environment or being in the sun for a long time As a result, the body temperature rises and the inability to dissipate heat normally, such as when staying in hot and humid conditions for 2 or 3 days in a row, often occurs in the elderly and sick. that is a chronic disease UFABET
- Exercising or strenuous activity when exercising or doing strenuous activities Especially when doing activities in places that are very hot, it often causes heat stroke. However, this type of heat stroke can occur even in places that are not very hot.
Other factors contributing to each of the above types of heat stroke include:
- wearing too many clothes Clothes that do not heat well and are dark in color.
- drink alcohol This results in the inefficiency of the body in controlling its temperature.
- not drinking enough water causing the body to be in a state of dehydration There is no substitute for sweating.